Thursday, December 6, 2007

A good beginning

Good news so far, friends. To begin, I did not have an immediate allergic reaction to the bleomyacin, which meant I could take my entire dose. Thanks to my golden anti-nausea pills (I say golden, because they cost about $400 dollars for 3 pills. Praise God for insurance.) I only peed pink a couple of times (totally normal side effect.) I have been feeling only mildly tired and a little nauseous. It hurt a little when she stabbed me with the big needle, but other than that. On top of not feeling too nauseas or too tired, MY BACK HASN'T HURT ME TODAY!!! I know that doesn't seem like much, but I have been very uncomfortable for a while, and when it doesn't hurt me I am very very very happy.

Not to mention that Justin was totally surprised this morning when not only did he pick up his mom from the airport, but his dad too. He was so thrilled, and it just about made my day. His mom and I planned it secretly to surprise him, and it worked. So, basically God performed a miracle in making it possible for me to keep a secret.

Anyways, I'm far from out of the woods yet. Indeed, I have two-three more interesting days ahead, but I give thanks to God for this good day. Thank all of you for your prayers and thoughts. I have been reading all of your emails, even if I haven't been able to respond to them all, and I am so grateful for each and everyone of them. I feel so loved and not alone, even out here in SoCal. It's funny; yesterday I pondered whether or not I would survive the pruning. Today, I have been given such hope that I will.

Thank you all, from the bottom of my heart.

No comments: