Monday, December 3, 2007

Lions and tigers and scrolls...oh my!


I am so stinking tired.... in a good way. Yesterday was a busy day, but an exciting one. Justin and I joined our friends Gabriel and Shannon (see thanksgiving photo: particularly red-headed girl and man prostrate) in a trip down to San Diego to visit the Wild Animal Park and to view the Dead Sea Scrolls.

The animal park is an extension of the world famous San Diego zoo, and specializes in having lots of open space in which to view animals. It also has some focus on African animals. It was really neat, especially the gorillas and the baby elephants. They had 3 baby elephants, including one who was only 4 days old. Be watching Justin's site for some great pics.

Then, if that wasn't enough for one day, we then headed down to the San Diego Natural History Museum to see an exhibit of the Dead Sea Scrolls. It was fascinating to see these 2000 year old manuscripts in amazing conditions, and they included the Isaiah Scroll, Psalms, Job, and the famous copper scroll. It was a once in a life time chance to see them, so I was excited to get the opportunity.

As for the upcoming week: I've got a pulmonary test today. It is so that the doctor has a baseline of my lungs so that if in the unlikely occurrence that the chemo damages my lungs, they will know. More importantly I start chemo on Thursday. Yea. I'm actually pretty nervous about how its going to make me feel, and whether or not its going to work, and if its going to cause me irreversible harm. You know, little things. We'll just have to wait and see.

1 comment:

anglibyerian said...

Katie,
Oh my Lord, my two daughters are really big fans of Meerkats. Does your husband mind if I download it for them?
Tom Riggs
Your friend in Grace Presbytery