Friday, January 18, 2008

Is sleep blogging worse than drunk blogging?

They say that driving tired can be more dangerous than driving drunk, albeit both are are horrible. This leads me to the hypothesis that sleepy blogging is possibly more crazy than drunk blogging. To be fair, since I can't drink right now, this must remain an untested hypothesis; but I think that we can all agree that based on the last blog that sleepy/insomniac blogging is dangerous. Sigh.

I appreciate that my aunt Maria understood how a extrovert can be shy and retiring at times. Much empathy props, tia.

As my husband pointed out to me this afternoon, my last blog rambled a bit. But it was honest; probably more so than I would generally want to be on the internet, so I guess in a way it is good. Forgive me, friends, if I divulged too much.

I think that I did too much today. Especially when you consider that I only got 4-5 hours sleep last night. I got up, fixed Justin breakfast, and took him to work. Then, I came home, showered, answered my face book messages, and went to get my shot. Since after the first chemo my white blood cells didn't respond as well as we wanted, from now on I have to get a shot the day after each treatment. Luckily, I have enough arm fat that it doesn't hurt too bad. Can you believe it? I am actually grateful for arm fat. After I got my shot, I went to Pasadena and picked up a prescription and a bathing suit. Again, more evidence that I definitely did not get enough sleep last night. Poor judgment. I picked up my friend Marcus for lunch, and went to visit my friend Jess at the salon. I got my head buzzed, went shopping at crate and barrel, got ice cream at 21 flavors (my favorite!!!), picked up Marcus again, and brought him to Simi. Then I made dinner and collapsed. Whew. I'm exhausted. So, its fair to say that I possibly did too much. And now I'm very very sleepy......wait.......and.....I'm blogging. Crap. Apparently I didn't learn from my past mistakes. As my dear pappy likes to say, you can buy 'em books and send them to school..... Better stop now. I think I am moving into my cat phase of treatment, when my schedule reverses itself. Instead of sleeping 8 hours and being awake for 16 hours in the day, I sleep for 16 hours and am awake for about 8. Yea! Ok. Seriously. Time to stop now.

No comments: