Friday, October 17, 2008

Pic line, port, and ICE, oh my!

Ok. So I am definitely starting chemo on Monday. I need to get a port-a-catheter put back in, because we took it out not expecting the cancer to come back. However, the doctor who is going to put it in is out of town for two weeks, so until then they are going to insert a pic line. For those of you unfamiliar with that, they will basically insert a line into my arm and it will go up through my arm and down an artery in my chest. Because of the type of chemo, they can't just stick it into my arm with a regular iv. The advantage of doing this is that I can start chemo on monday. Yea. Bad news is that I will be forced to take sponge baths until they take it out. Sigh.


Thank you, everyone, for appreciating the no calling request for this week. Justin and I really appreciate it, mostly because the situation in and of itself is draining and it makes it even harder to have to rehash the facts over and over again.

This treatment is going to be difficult, but despite this relapse I have very good odds. The odds are probably better than good, especially since I reacted very well to the first round of chemotherapy. This is not the time for despair, but the time to pray for strength, courage, and healing.

I probably won't write again until Monday, mostly because I don't want to dwell on it this weekend. I plan to play some video games, play some tennis, and enjoy myself before next week. I hope all of you enjoy your weekends too.

1 comment:

MaryAnn said...

Video games?! We should set up a multi-player game! I'm sure Aaron can send you Quake! hehe. Take care and have a wonderful weekend. You'll be in my thoughts on Monday!