Monday, November 26, 2007

Appointments, appointments, appointments


To start, I want to say that we had a wonderful thanksgiving this past Thursday. Our friends Mike and Cate came down from the bay area with their poodle, Brady. Marcus came down Pasadena. Candace, Zaria, and Nate made their way over to Simi Valley, and all of us joined Chase and Tom at Gabriel and Shannon's house for dinner. We had a great meal, and a great game of Cranium, and several bottles of wine. It was lovely. I took the opportunity to enjoy all of the holiday goodies, because I am a little nervous that it won't look so good at Christmas. Hopefully, I will be able to post our group photo sometime this week.

This week is full of appointments, and next week marks my first chemo. But first, we have a pet scan tomorrow. Then, on Wednesday, I will be getting my port-a-catheter put in, as well as meeting with my doctor. I think that when we meet with the doctor on Wednesday we will get a staging. I'm praying that we get a Stage I or II, but we won't know till then.

I am staying optimistic about it all. I hope that we get some good news, but even if we don't this thing is still beatable.

The thing that sucks today is that I am on a no-carb, no sugars, no dairy, no caffeine, no alcohol, no fruit, and no nicotine diet. Basically, I can eat dry vegetables and chicken breast. Oh yeah, and lots of water. YUM. And then I get to fast tomorrow until about 2PM. After the scan is done, I can eat whatever, until midnight. And then I will be fasting again until 2 PM on Wednesday, when my port procedure is done. This all boils down to one thing: I'M SO HUNGRY!!!! Seriously. I had to watch Justin eat one of those Little Debbie Christmas cakes, and I almost ripped it out of his hand and sucked it down whole. But luckily I am the master of will-power, so I controlled myself. :)

I'll let you know what the Pet scan was like tomorrow, so.....stay tuned!

No comments: