Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Why "Chicken Fried Love?"

If you've been reading my blog there's a good chance that you probably wondered about the name. What is Chicken Fried Love? Chicken fried love is a phrase for which I give full credit to my friend Tobi. It was born of a discussion about the relationship between food and love. You see, when women in California want to nurture, they buy. When women in Texas want to nurture, they fry. We found that for both Tobi and myself, when our grandmothers loved, they fed. It was connected to nurture and love. Hence the phrase, chicken fried love.

I named my blog this for a few reasons. The first is that I think the phrase is hilarious. The second is that I hope this blog will be nurturing and therapeutic for me. Lastly, it reminds me of my grandmother's chicken fried steak and, come on, how can that not make you happy?

1 comment:

Jen said...

Yeah, you know, I think of your grandmother whenever I think of that food-love connection. She always had such amazing food and her home and cooking always filled you with such warmth. She (and Lloyd) were just such amazing people.
Jen(nifer Lehe)