Thursday, November 29, 2007

GAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

I'M SO ITCHY!!!!!!!! Seriously. If you wanted to know a little of what my life is like you should know that apparently one of the symptoms is itchiness. Also another symptom is weight loss. I've only had one of those two symptoms. Can you guess which one? Of course, I itch, and the area around where they put my port-a-catheter in is DRIVING ME CRAZY. I am going to try some benadryl and see if that helps.

That and I can't figure out how to take a shower. No, the cancer hasn't made me stupider, but the port at the moment presents a challenge. They were adamant that I cannot get the dressing wet, which is completely understandable. The nurse suggested that I saran wrap the area in order to take a shower. However, neither Justin nor I have figured out exactly how to accomplish it. The only way we can figure out to saran wrap me in order to keep my dressings dry would involve basically saran wrapping most of my torso and, of course, that defeats the point. So, I remain quite funky (smelling that is).

I'm smelly, itchy, grungy. I feel so sexy.

2 comments:

Jen said...

If you get enough of the good funky, the bad funk won't matter. Do you know how to slap bass?

Kelly T. said...

take a "bird bath" with a nice warm washcloth. don't worry, you'll still be funky... just not funky smelling! :)

we're enjoying your blogs... thanks for keeping us up to speed. our prayers are still with you!

love- mike and kelly