Friday, November 21, 2008

And now, for the rest of the story....

Thanks to all of you who were willing to put their issues out there. Whew. Doesn't that feel cathartic? And I am way cheaper than a shrink, so my advice is that you should take that $150 you saved on an hour of therapy and go buy yourself something pretty.

On another note, I got the call from the insurance company yesterday letting me know that my stem cell transplant has been approved, so it is officially a go from all sides. This has, of course, made me elated, but after a little bit the elation begins to fade and I begin to realize that I have to really go through with it. There is a great likelihood, although nothing is certain, that this will ensure my long-term survivability but it is an intense thing to do. It involves weeks of injections which will likely cause my bones to ache. Three weeks in the hospital, some of which I might be so sick that they will have to feed me through a tube. Not to mention 2 weeks after that when I have to be watched like a hawk 24/7. It will undoubtedly be the most challenging physical thing I've ever had to go through in my life.

Still, I think I am going to try and hold on to the elation for just a little bit longer. I am going to try and just worry about today. I've got a lot of shopping to do; I have to buy a birthday gift and thanksgiving groceries, and i have to clean my condo in preparation for guests that are coming in for Thanksgiving. Lastly, I have to battle with myself internally to try and decide whether I will submit myself to seeing the new Twilight film, even though I am positive that I will hate it, seeing as I am a literary purist. In other words, I am going to be normal. For a couple of days at least.

No comments: