Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Go cardiovascular system!

Well, I think everyone will be happy to know that my tests on Monday went relatively well. As far as I know, my heart and lungs appear to be up to the feat of taking on the super chemo. Hopefully my kidneys and liver and blood marrow will turn out to also be resilient enough to take it too. All I have now is to show that my cancer has reduced from the ICE chemo, and everything will be well on track.

I am nervous about finding out the results of the Pet scan. I am very anxious to know if it is working, and I am eager to know that it is. I just really want this treatment to work so that I can live. Living is good.

I want to take a brief moment to preach. I try not to do that, but it is my blog so I'll preach now and then if I want to. One of the lessons I learned from my mother, and that I've learned from this entire experience is that we need to be in tune with our bodies. If something is happening with you that feels weird, don't just write it off. We know when something is off with our body, and it is important not to be in denial. The funny thing, so often we write off symptoms because we don't want to face the possibilities, when the truth is that our outcomes would be far better if we faced our fears. So, if something feels off, go to your doctor. No matter what he or she might tell you, it's much better to know now then to know 6 months later. Trust me.

See, that wasn't so bad, was it?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

just a thought on the preaching comment. . . .you've been called to preaching. You know, you went to seminary and stuff. And that whole Candidacy process. And the Ords. It's what you supposed to do.
Preach on, girlfriend, preach on.

tseidman said...

Last night at SSPC choir you had our prayers for today. Know that we are all behind you and would like to help.

Terri Seidman