Monday, November 17, 2008

Yippee!!

Well, That was fast, wasn't it? So good news and a little "eh" news. Let's start with the "eh" news. I got held over for chemo this week, meaning that I'll have chemo next week instead. It's not really bad news because it is something that we kind of expected. It's not unusual at all for one's blood count's not to jump back up. Down side is that I will be sick for thanksgiving, and I won't get to go to the San Diego Zoo, a trip we had planned to take next Friday.

Good news: The Pet scan was normal! Yea! That means just another step on the way to stem cell transplant. Whew. What a relief that is. In addition my bone marrow scan for any cancer also came back negative, meaning I might never have to give a bone marrow sample ever again.

I'm not out of the woods yet, but thing are going as well as possible so far, and I couldn't be more grateful.

No comments: