Friday, November 28, 2008

Handkerchiefs of Hope

Happy belated Thanksgiving everybody!

So much news and so little time. This has been one of those weeks where you find yourself counting down the days until the next week starts. As you know, we found out about the little hitch in the plan with bone marrow on Monday. Then, on Tuesday, we were informed that our co-pay for my neupagin shots was going to be $2,775. No, I did not stutter, and we were informed that we needed to have that payed by Tuesday afternoon to make way for a Wednesday delivery. Then, on Wednesday, we went down to UCLA on the day before Thanksgiving in the worst traffic imaginable and had a four hour visit which included a bone marrow sample. Most blessedly, the bone marrow procedure was the least painful on I've had yet, and although I am hoping that this will be the last time, I at least know that I can do it again if I have to.

My husband, a veritable rock star, gave me three shots today. How amazing is that?

As for me, I am trying to be optimistic that everything else is going to go to plan. If I ever sound negative, it's because I usually try to work out in my brain the worst case scenarios for everything to mentally prepare myself for whatever might come along. But, of course I can't see the future. I am not even sure that I am going to make my dinner reservations tonight. We have a tentative schedule for the next month, and at the moment it seems like that I will be going in the hospital the week before or of Christmas, but that mean that I would be out of the hospital by early January!

I am a roller-coaster of emotions, and I try and stay positive as much as I can. I really appreciate everyone's comments and thoughts and emails. They give me encouragement and remind me why it is that I stumble to my laptop a couple of times a week and type up whatever nonsense my brain has come up with that day. I hope everyone will excuse the scattered nature of this post. With drugs and tiredness and just the normal post-turkey day lull, I am kind of every which way. Hopefully it will be better next time.

1 comment:

kdancemom said...

Always know we love you and you are in our prayers. Scott, Teri, Kelci and Caelan