Tuesday, December 2, 2008

/sigh

5 days of injections down....quite a few more to go. I am happy to report though, that both Justin and I have given the injections with no hiccups. Even better, they apparently aren't going to cause me any major bone pain.

So far, everything has gone so well, and so the pessimistic part of me is cringing in my head waiting for the other shoe to drop. But, I think I am going to take advice from one of my aunt's and stop cringing. I am going to expect that things are going to work out. I mean, I feel like I have so much more to do in life than sit on the couch and convalesce. I want to be doing something, not being sick.

In mere minutes, Justin and I will be heading down to UCLA once again to sign all the consent forms for my stem cell transplant. If it is anything like our last couple of trips, we will be there for hours. If everything goes well, I could be having the stem cells harvested as soon as next week. So that is what I am going to hope for.

You'll have to forgive me if my blogs become increasingly tinged with anxiety. It's just that as all of this hurtles closer and closer, with uncertain outcomes and possibilities, I struggle to put off my nervousness. But I am determined to remain positive. I'm sure you can understand.

2 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Stop apologizing for the nature of your blogs! :-) Yes, we want you to live every day to the fullest, but there's no reason to sugar coat anything.

So sorry about the crazy traffic. We spent an extra hour on the way back from Austin last weekend on the highway. I kept thinking, this is nothing compared to LA...

Take care and keep us posted in whatever raw emotion you see fit.

Denise said...

Hi Katie,

I'm Denise from the National Bone Marrow Transplant Link. Our organization helps patients and their families cope with the social and emotional challenges of transplant by providing vital information and personalized support services.

We follow survivor blogs through Google blog alerts. We just wanted you to know that our thoughts are with you! Please contact us if we can be of any help.