Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Good Day

This has been a great day today. To begin, they got all of the stem cells they needed from me yesterday, so I didn't have to do any more harvesting today. That meant that they were able to remove both my picc line and the despised groin catheter. They placed my chest catheter, which isn't too bad. It's on the same side as my port was, and the doctor placed it around the old scar, so it reduces the number of scars I will have. It went really well and I didn't have any complications from the anesthesia.

On top of that, I have a friend who was having a hysterectomy today because they thought she had tumors on her ovaries, but after they did the procedure they discovered that the growths weren't malignant. It's the best news. I am so happy, I just can't even tell you. We have been praying so much for her, and this is such an answer to prayer.

It's been a smooth, nice day with good news all around. I still don't know about the stem cell transplant being a go or not, but I am enjoying the good days when they come.

Hope I have more good news to give you soon!

No comments: