Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I wish

The first chemo has come and gone, and it turns out that I am handling it pretty well. I don't have any nausea and I'm just a little tired from my night. Everyone always says that the hospital is the worst place to get rest, and it turns out that they were right. I got about six hours sleep last night once everything was said and done. Probably the most interesting/funny part was when the tech came in to weigh me. At the time, I was on the laptop and the gentleman asked me if the laptop was heavy. I responded that it weighed 5 lbs or so, and he thought it wouldn't be a big deal, so he pressed the button on the bed to check my weight. I'm not going to tell you how much I weigh, but suffice it to say that the weight he called out was about 60 lbs lower than my accurate weight. I told him that it wasn't correct, and he asked if it was off by those 5 lbs or so. I informed him that it was closer to 60 lbs off, and he wasn't convinced, so he brought in another scale that eventually gave him my real weight.

Everything is just plugging along. I'm waiting for news on various friends and family who are either in the hospital or having surgery, and hopefully we'll know soon how each of them are doing. So, officially I have accomplished day 2 of 21.
19 more to go.

1 comment:

Clay Allard said...

We love you, Katie, and we're praying for you nonstop. Praise God for the wonders that He can do! Nell says, "I love you!" and will join us in praying as the days count down, and as the treatments ramp up.

Love,
Clay